[A51] Advice needed for Ettus Hardware

Bhaskar11 niceguy108 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 11:24:24 CEST 2012

I am doing some experiements with GSM protocols and am setting up a testing lab. My research involves only receiving short range signals from my personal mobile phone.

I have studied the specs from www.ettus.com but cannot decide on the best hardware configuration.

My queries are:

1) For GSM work is USRP1 better or USRP B100?

2) Is there any advantage in going for the more expensive USRP N200?

3) For the antenna the website recommends LP0965. Do I need something better? Do I need a separate cable for the antenna connection?

I have settled on the DBSRX2 daughter-board.

I request anyone with experience in Ettus hardware to guide me for the best configuration.

Thanks in advance!