[A51] wake-up by the network?

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 22:33:20 CEST 2013

Hi,

> Anyway, I have another question. Is it true, that by ETSI standard there
> is an option, that mobile phone which is powered off, is waked up by the
> network?

No.

> And another, is it true, that by ETSI standard there is an option to
> switch microphone on remotely on a mobile?

Not that I know of. I've never seen the standard mandate that.

But note that all the articles you point to refer to 'malware' running
on the phone ... once you have custom sw running on the phone, it's
game over.
Also, just because it's not in the spec doesn't mean there isn't bugs
(or intentional backdoors) in the baseband put by manufacturer that
would allow to turn on the mic.

Cheers,

    Sylvain