[A51] 6990M mobile GPU

Malak Leman malakfun at hotmail.fr
Mon Apr 7 00:59:47 CEST 2014

The laptop has no express-card slot, but has eSata + 2 x internal SATA ports + mSATA ... so plenty of SATA here.
However these are not high end dedicated SATA card and I'm not sure of their NCQ support.
What would an ExpressCard-eSATA bring to the table ?

Anyway, shouldn't a couple of 1TB Samsung 840 EVO (low latency) SSD, capable of 100,000 4k random reads, do well enough on integrated SATA ports ? And beyond laptop requirements, could these recent disks possibly ditch an array of two years old SSD ?

Besides, I still wish someone could share its experience, and proper Kraken results (or shortcomings) with Radon 5xxxM ou 6xxxM laptop GPU, compared to CPU only.