[A51] Kraken A5Ati.so

Joel Eriksson joel.eriksson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 15:23:36 CET 2014

Hello Nikos,

First of all, you now need to use the AMD APP SDK, rather than the old ATI
stream SDK. The AMD APP SDK includes libaticalcl.so and libaticalrt.so. You
can link Kraken to libaticalcl.

Btw, I recommend using this Kraken fork instead of the original:
http://www.g3gg0.de/wordpress/projects/kraken-win32/

Note that while it's called kraken-win32, it still runs perfectly well on
Linux as well.

I also recommend using this code instead of the a5_ati code:
http://traxme.net/a5/a5_ilx/

Here are the instructions on how to integrate it with Kraken:
http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.science.cryptography.a51/month=20110401

When I was working with this I was able to crack one burst in about 2
seconds, with 3x6990. When sending 20 bursts at once they completed in
about 17-18 seconds though, so less than one second on average. I added
some custom tweaks and patches to the original Kraken source to achieve
that though, but using a5_ilx instead of a5_ati is one of the main
improvements you can make without patching any code yourself. Of course,
you will also need to use SSD:s to store the tables.

Regards,
Joel Eriksson
CEO ClevCode / CTO Cycura

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 1:42 PM, Nikos Balkanas
<nikos.balkanas at eyeonix.com>wrote:

> Where can I find the atical libraries needed by Kraken's A5Ati.so?
>
> TIA,
> Nikos

Best Regards,
  Joel Eriksson