[A51] Kraken A5Ati.so

Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) lists at infosecurity.ch
Fri Feb 28 08:51:48 CET 2014

Hi Karsten,
Il 2/27/14, 9:48 AM, Karsten Nohl ha scritto:
> would you consider dealing with Kali's project in order to incorporate the attack tool into Penetration Testing Linux's distribution?
> Would be nice to integrate Kraken in a distribution to spread it further. However, the tool is only useful when combined with Hundreds of GB of tables. I can't think of an easy way of making these accessible to distro users.
The distribution is probably worth to be done by selling hard-drive
trough who already sell rainbowtable:
* https://www.freerainbowtables.com/tables/
* http://project-rainbowcrack.com/buy.php

If we spoke to them, they maybe help distributing the A5/1 RT's hard-drive ?

But to do it, the overall gsm sniffing / cracking business should be
"more accessible", so the integration within Kali maybe useful.

>> Also, it would make a lot of sense if all those tools stay on a single Github account, in order improve them in a collaborative way, but specifically to "collect" all of the issues and ideas of improvement.
> There has been virtually no Kraken development for about three years. If a Github account can ignite such development, I'm all in favor of it and can host it, too, unless we find any active developers that would be a better fit for the role.
Well, i'm a frequent github issue poster on many opensource software
project and understand the value of "social coding" concept bring by Github.

By having all of the GSM sniffing / cracking projects on Github we would
have:
- Collaborative issue tracking for bug and improvements ideas
- Easy tracking of forks and improvements within github's space (rather
than forks in various places)
- Easy collaborative documentation trough the Github's wiki

With such an approach, it's also worth establishing collaborating
funding approach such as the Moxies's BitHub
https://github.com/WhisperSystems/Bithub .

I think that's worth doing something like that in an easy, collaborative
way :-)

--
Fabio Pietrosanti (naif)
HERMES - Center for Transparency and Digital Human Rights