[A51] Query - Use of Kraken with CPUs

Joel Eriksson joel.eriksson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 16:12:21 CET 2014

Using CPUs instead of GPUs doesn't make any sense at all, CPUs are a _lot_
slower than GPUs for these kinds of computations and you would need a
cluster (i.e much more expensive) to be able to get similar performance.

To really crush both CPUs and GPUs, you could create an ASIC for it
instead. I bet that there are A5/1 cracking ASICs out there already, just
not in the hands of the public AFAIK. Using FPGAs would be a decent middle
ground.

Cheers,
Joel

--