[A51] Query - Use of Kraken with CPUs

Joel Eriksson joel.eriksson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 18:26:21 CET 2014

I've used Radeon HD 6990 GPUs in the past. I saw some report about Radeon
HD 7970 not working, but honestly I don't see why the 7xxx series would not
work, unless AMD stopped supporting the CAL_LANGUAGE_IL in their AMD APP
SDK for 7xxx+. Kraken calls calclCompile() with CAL_LANGUAGE_IL and the
plaintext CAL kernel to dynamically compile it to native GPU code suitable
for the specific GPU in question in runtime.

I'm not sure whether the Firepro series of cards are supported as well.

Regards,
Joel Eriksson
www.clevcode.org

Best Regards,