[A51] Kraken

Joel Eriksson joel.eriksson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 23:39:01 CEST 2014

Hello Milinko,

I was down to about 2 seconds per burst using just 3 * Radeon HD 6990,
5*480GB SSD:s, and 24GB RAM (and there was really no need even for 24GB). I
used the a5_ilx driver and not the a5_ati one (this makes a big
difference), and made some minor enhancements to the Kraken code. So, I
don't think you will need to throw that amount of hardware on this to reach
your goal. ;) I made most of my experiments with Kraken about three years
ago btw..

Note that newer AMD-GPU:s might not be compatible with Krakens
a5_ati/a5_ilx drivers btw. AFAIK, 6990 is the latest one that is guaranteed
to work. If anyone has managed to use newer AMD-GPU:s than the 6990 with
the Kraken code, I would love to know about it. :)

Cheers,
Joel

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 6:08 PM, Milinko Isakovic <milinkoi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Rajat,
>
> May you please try to crack with ATI Radeon r9, as before I get few of
> them, I would like to have confirmation this will work :)  16 of this cards
> will cost about 8.000 us$, I don't want to buy them if there will be no
> chance of useage :)
> Regards
>

> On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 3:37 PM, Rajat Swarup <rajats at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have seen desirable power/performance results with ATI Radeon r9 290x
>> but I am just using 2 of those (using hashcat, not for a51 cracking but for
>> general password cracking).
>>
>> I think overall openCL based ATI cards seem to do really well compared to
>> CUDA cards.
>>
>> Hope it helps.
>>
>> -Rajat.
>>
>> On Sep 8, 2014, at 4:59 AM, Milinko Isakovic <milinkoi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> > Hi guys.
>> >
>> > I would like to make extra fast machine for cracking.
>> > My idea is to use:
>> >
>> > 1. PCIe extender with up to 16 Graphic cards
>> > 2. 8-10 SSD sata3 if needed I can add mor
>> > 3. 128 GB RAM memory
>> > 4. I7 processor
>> >
>> > Question is:
>> >
>> > 1. What cards to use for best performance?
>> > 2. What SSD disk to use  for best performace ?
>> >
>> > Please give me suggestions.
>> >
>> > Mine idea is to go with crack with below 5 seconds per request.
>> >
>> > Please give me some suggestions.
>> >
>> > Also people willing to help this project are welcome.
>> >
>> > Regards.
>> >

>> > Milinko
>>

> --

Best Regards,