[A51] Rainbow Tables

Dean Pierce pierce403 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 21:54:58 CEST 2015

So the scripts I wrote assume you have a 2 TB WD Passport target drive
plugged in, then it partitions it such that you have a 5 gig partition
up front (/dev/sdb1), and creates a blank partition behind that
(/dev/sdb2), where it injects the tables (as downloaded from the
torrent).  The place_tables.sh script pretty much replaces Behemoth,
and uses TableConvert to place the tables directly, not even
generating the indexes (I just re-use the same indexes that I
generated the first time I ran the tool).  It then moves over a
precompiled kraken binary which works on Kali, and instructions for
use.

I wrote these scripts when I needed to make like 15 of these rainbow
table drives as quickly as possible (It took about 10 hours per
drive), which I sold (for the cost of the drive) at DEFCON last year
as part of the NSA Playset work we've been doing.

  - DEAN