[A51] Ready to copy tables

Jan Hrach jenda at yakumo.hrach.eu
Wed May 4 19:50:52 CEST 2016

TableConvert di 100.dlt /dev/sdb2:0 100.idx
It will tell you how many bytes were written. Compute N = ceil(total_bytes * 4096) and run

TableConvert di 108.dlt /dev/sdb2:N 108.idx
etc. for all tables

Note the block offsets (the block on which each table starts) and put them in the configuration.

This is basically what the Behemoth script does. It may be easier to use Behemoth.

On 4.5.2016 14:37, demian sims wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just wanted to follow up with this question:
>
> I have one HD with 2 partitions (sdb1 = 4.7G and sdb2= 1.8T). This partition was made when I followed the instructions at f http://frostyhacks.blogspot.com/2015/04/gsm-wtf-bbq.html
>
> The HD with Tables on them are listed as sdc1.
>
> How do get the Tables on sdc1 to copy over to sdb2?
>

> On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 9:23 PM, demian sims <demiansims at gmail.com <mailto:demiansims at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Great! So just to be clear, I have one HD with 2 partitions (sdb1 = 4.7G and sdb2= 1.8T). This partition was made when I followed the instructions at f http://frostyhacks.blogspot.com/2015/04/gsm-wtf-bbq.html
>
>     The HD with Tables on them are listed as sdc1.
>
>     How do get the Tables on sdc1 to copy over to sdb2?
>

>     On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 8:28 PM, Haslinger Daniel <Daniel.Haslinger at fhstp.ac.at <mailto:Daniel.Haslinger at fhstp.ac.at>> wrote:
>
>         On 02 May 2016, at 01:51, demian sims <demiansims at gmail.com <mailto:demiansims at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>         This was the message I received from Hacker Warehouse.
>>         Not sure what is needed now: ... [SNIP]
>

>         So it basically said: You wanna use kraken (or deka)? - you gotta
>         write the tables to the raw disk(s).
>
>         Just follow these steps:
>
>         a)Get your empty drive hooked up. Let's assume it's at /dev/sdc
>         in this example - but be sure to look up what you have before
>         you continue. Copy pasting with non-matching device path will
>         mess around with your systems and hurt your feelings.
>         You've been warned!
>
>         b)Grab a copy of kraken (e.g. from git://git.srlabs.de/kraken)
>
>         c)Go to kraken/indexes
>
>         d)copy tables.conf.example to tables.conf
>
>         e)edit tables.conf to your needs - with only one disk, it will result
>         in the following line:
>
>         /Device:/dev/sdc40/
>
>         f)Go to kraken/TableConvert and /make/ it.
>
>         g)The easiest way (in my opinion) is now to use the script
>         "Behemoth.py" in kraken/indexes to start the process.
>
>         You will first have to uncomment line number 107, otherwise
>         it won't work :)
>
>         then you start it, passing the tables.conf
>

>         This will take a long time now, be prepared to get some cups .. no ..
>         CANS of coffee. But you will be informed of any progress.
>
>         As soon as everything is completed, you'll end up with 40 "idx" files
>         in your indexes folder, as well as with additional entries in your tables.conf.
>

>         *If you plan to use deka:*
>         *
>         *
>         you will edit delta_config.h by hand, which is a nightmare :-)
>         If you plan to use deka, I can send you a little shell script that will generate
>         the delta_config.h from scratch, using the information from your tables.conf.
>

>         hope that helps,
>

>         Daniel
>

>         /)/)

Jan Hrach | http://jenda.hrach.eu/
GPG CD98 5440 4372 0C6D 164D A24D F019 2F8E 6527 282E