[Gsmmap] GPRS Support and GEA Algorithm's detection

Karsten Nohl nohl at virginia.edu
Wed Dec 28 19:43:37 CET 2011

Dear Luca,

Adding a GRPS security metric to the GSM map is certainly on the ToDo list for next year. What's currently holding us back from adding GPRS components to cell_log is the inability to sniff EDGE traffic. Since passive detection with no SIM card is the preferred way of collecting network parameters, we need EDGE sniffing support to catch a significant number of samples.