[Gsmmap] OsmocomBB compilation in MacOS

Felipe Zimmerle felipe at zimmerle.org
Sat Dec 31 17:10:40 CET 2011

Hy Lukas,

On Dec 31, 2011, at 11:52 AM, Lukas Kuzmiak wrote:

> I've tried this before (like couple of months) and found there is some problem with the serial port custom baudrates, I've managed to compile osmocom after all but it wasn't working fine.
>
> Does this setup you've described here capture the bursts alright?

I did not tried yet, just compile it few minutes ago and shared the information. I don't have a compatible phone yet.
Mine should arrive shortly.

But I used the MacOS serial for various others proposes and it never disappointed me. The way that MacOS
deals with custom boadrates of the serial ports is different from Linux, i was looking for the IOSSIOSPEED when
i found out this patch:

http://lists.osmocom.org/pipermail/baseband-devel/2011-September/002338.html

It is was merged on the commit: 02d469ad67459c8d28c808a19802613a5666364c
(2011 October 21). According to the author it should solve your problem.

If you can test this newest version will be cool to have a response if it is really working or not :)

Br.,
F.