[Gsmmap] Keeping the user aware

Felipe Zimmerle felipe at zimmerle.org
Sat Jun 30 06:02:35 CEST 2012

Hello Guys,

I was thinking in a very easy way to keep the user informed about how secure is the
network that he is connected to, maybe allowing the user to compare the security
of the nearby operators, making security a factor to decide among different operators.

Keeping that in mind i just developed a simple android application which queries the
gsmmap.org data through a kind of proxy to proper translate the information into a json
friendly data. I will publish the code soon on github (https://github.com/zimmerle).

This is more a proof of concept, the ui is not fancy as a final user application should be.
Just want to share my thoughts with you guys and possible get some input.

The application is available to download at:
http://www.zimmerle.org/~zimmerle/gsmmap-android.apk

--
F.