[Gsmmap] gsmmap.org update logic?

Karsten Nohl nohl at virginia.edu
Thu Oct 18 08:48:44 CEST 2012

Dear Vadzim,

On Oct 18, 2012, at 8:43 , Vadzim Loseu wrote:

>>> 1. What exactly is the meaning of the question mark without a
>>> circle diagram next to the name of an operator on the map? Does
>>> that stand for "not enough data" or is that something different?
>>> Anyway, does that mean I should collect more data and re-send it to
>>> have it updated on the map?
>>
>> Exactly -- the question marks indicate too few samples to make a
>> decision in that category for that operator. Please keep collecting
>> data in this case.
>
> Thank you, Karsten. How long should an average collect run (per
> operator) to gather enough samples?

Good question whose answer depends on many factors. A few hours will put you on the safe side of capturing sufficient samples for all operators even under bad conditions (e.g., weak coverage, capturing in the middle of the night).

> BTW, will you speak at the CCC this year?

That's up to the program committee. In any event, it won't be on GSM again ;-)