[Gsmmap] Where did the data go?

Luca Melette luca at srlabs.de
Thu Aug 15 15:20:03 CEST 2013

Hi Ewout,

> In case anyone is actually developing the GSMMAP site code, I would
> like to propose the information per network should be changed to a
> more granular information per operator/MVNO since MVNO's might run
> their parts of the network with [slightly] different settings then
> their hosting network operator.

Unfortunately, from the gsmmap submissions we only gather parameters
regarding the radio link, that are only related to the hosting MNO.

Specific MVNO parameters may be acquired with active probing, both
on the SIM and on the network, but at the moment we don't have this
feature. There can be updates on this field, if we find a way to get
more data (interacting with the network) without having the subscriber
charged for calls or SMSes.

Cheers,

LM