[Gsmmap] about extracting img file

Linus Neumann linus at srlabs.de
Fri Aug 8 13:47:50 CEST 2014

Dear Omid,

There are several windows tools that offer the same functionality as dd.

A short google search revealed the following 2 promising candidates:

Option 1: DD for Windows

This definitely works, but more complicated to use
http://uranus.chrysocome.net/linux/rawwrite/
I found a very detailed tutorial, which explains the preparation of a Raspberry Pi SD-card. The procedure is exactly the same:
http://www.myraspberrypiexperience.com/using-dd-for-windows/

Option 2: Live System Creator for Windows

This should work and is rather self-explanatory.
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/ # Also untested, but with GUI

Please read the instructions carefully and make sure you understand them, before you issue dd commands – you may harm other existing drives in your computer.

Best regards,

Linus