[Gsmmap] Contribute data from a gsm module?

Jakob jakob.muehlegger at gmx.at
Thu Jan 9 23:37:02 CET 2014

Hi!

I would like to support this great project with contributing data from
Austria.

But I don't have an android based phone, nor do I want to buy one of the
supported.
The only "phone" I have, except a simple Nokia 100, is a GSM module, the
GSM Click[1] with Telit GL865-QUAD GSM/GPRS module[2]. According to the
"AT Command Reference Guide"[3] it does not support AT+TRACE, but I can
set the serial port to "trace port" with the AT#V24MODE (page 293 [3])
command – is it possible to send AT commands to the module while the
serial port is set to trace port?

I hope that this is enough information to tell if it is possible.

Regards,
Jakob

[1] http://www.mikroe.com/click/gsm/
[2] http://www.telit.com/en/products.php?p_ac=show&p=110