[Gsmmap] SIMtester 1.5 - pscsd daemon

Lukas Kuzmiak lukas at srlabs.de
Wed Jan 22 02:23:49 CET 2014

Hi Alex,

a few more people reported this, I believe this is caused by your Java trying to access libpcsc somewhere where it shouldn’t.

Particularly on Ubuntu there was a bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openjdk-7/+bug/898689

perhaps try to see where your libpcsc actually is and tell that to java with -Dsun.security.smartcardio.library property.
If you have trouble verifying this just download the Example.java from the thread [1], compile it and run as the post says, that should at least show us whether your Java gets PC/SC factory or not.

Let me know how the debug goes.
P.S.: please use simsec mailing list for SIM related stuff [2].

Lukas

[1] - https://launchpadlibrarian.net/86338466/Example.java

Lukas Kuzmiak
Security Research Labs