[Gsmmap] gsmmap-live: FakeBTS not working due to missing folder

Karsten Nohl nohl at srlabs.de
Sat Jan 25 09:54:05 CET 2014

Dear Randy,

On Jan 22, 2014, at 1:00 , rnd0 at riseup.net wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When/how will it be possible to sign up for an account to submit issues to
> the bug tracker?

I added the option for non-members to add issues:
https://opensource.srlabs.de/projects/mobile-network-assessment-tools/issues/new

We will keep this on until we see the first spam, at which point we will have to create individual accounts.

Please make sure to specify an assignee (if in doubt: Linus) so that the issues have an owner.

> One small issue that prevented FakeBTS from working on 'gsmmap-live beta
> 1.2' is that the path /ramdisk/2G/log is missing, which causes various log
> redirection parts of the FakeBTS run.sh to fail, which in turn prevents
> osmocom etc from starting. This may also affect other scripts; I haven't
> tested this extensively.

That's exactly the kind of bug report we are looking for -- thank you!