[Gsmmap] use gsmmap.org-country_report

Linus Neumann linus at srlabs.de
Tue Mar 11 09:40:17 CET 2014

Dear Bidduarrd,

please excuse my late reply – we were unsure about how to license the reports.

>> - under which license is the gsmmap.org-country_report ?

We have now agreed on the CC-BY-NC license:
Our next report update will contain this information in the pdf’s as well.

>> - Am I free to use and translate parts of the text and data ?

Your question was the main reason no to pick an nc-nd-License. So yes, please feel free to do so under the terms of the license.
As I feel honored whenever the work is referenced, I am always happy to get a short hint via Email.

>> of course I'd like to reference your work the propper way.

For any citation, we would prefer the classic scientific citation approach:

Security Research Labs ($year): GSM security country report: $country, $month-name $year, retrieved from https://gsmmap.org/assets/pdfs/gsmmap.org-country_report-$country-$year-$month-twodigits.pdf

This will result in a deep link to the exact report version you are linking to.
As updates are made, the file will remain on our server for archiving and referencing, but it will not be linked from the main site any more.

Best regards,

Linus