[Gsmmap] Network Info not updating

Alex Senier alex at srlabs.de
Tue Apr 7 22:59:45 CEST 2015

Hi Ralph,

On 31/03/15 14:41, Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras wrote:
> Unexpected neighbors also do happen often with subway cells. In some cases
> the BTS is in a central place, and the RF heads are far away, connected with
> optical fiber. In these cases cell IDs and LACs are carried over many
> kilometers into places where they usually do not belong, and often not all
> neighbors are set correctly, due to restrictions in neighbor list size. I
> can imagine that such circumstances could trigger a false positive.

Good point and another potential source for false positives. For that
reason,  those neighbor-based criteria should only be seen in addition
to other more specific criteria.

> Are there any hints for some
> mid-class rootable dual SIM phone that is supported? I have anyway some need
> for such a test phone right now, so being able to use it with snoopsnitch
> would be a nice add-on.

I like the Motorola Moto E - it's cheap and we've tested it thoroughly
(there is new 2015 model which may also work, but I haven't tested it).

Cheers,
Alex

--
SnoopSnitch maintainer