[Gsmmap] SnoopSnitch api

Luca Melette luca at srlabs.de
Wed Apr 8 12:16:51 CEST 2015

Dear Falcon,

> Does SnoopSnitch require that is can connect to the api to work
> correctly? also could i upload those (

Snoopsnitch is designed to work without an internet connection.
Active tests may take advantage of an internet connection to reach
the GSMMAP API, making tests more reliable.

> qdmon_2015-04-07_15-20UTC.gz.smime

Files with such name pattern are created every 10 minutes, and are
normally not uploaded. They store compressed and encrypted radio data
that we can manually analyse in case some suspicious event happens.

> ) log files manually or do i need to decrypt them first, and where do
> i find the decryption key?

They are not supposed to be decrypted, for privacy reasons.
However if you don't mind storing them unencrypted to see what's
inside, you can always disable encryption from the development
menu in the settings panel.

Hope this answers your questions.

Cheers,

LM