[Gsmmap] SnoopSnitch on Nexus 4/mako with Android 5

Philippe Latulippe philippe.latulippe at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 20:08:58 CEST 2015

Hello all,

I noticed that since lollipop, the device-specific init script
(init.mako.rc) has a line in it that deletes /dev/diag. I repackaged the
boot image with that line commented out and now my Nexus 4 has a diag
device. It seems to be working in some manner too, as diag_mdlog managed
to read data from it and write it to log files.

However, when I tried the active test, it told me "no baseband messages
received during active test." Is there any way I can diagnose this
without diving too deep in snoopsnitch code (or the diag driver's code)?
Is it still worth uploading debug logs? Or maybe there's some debugfs
file that would give a hint?

I'd be nice to get snoopsnitch working on nexus 4 with a stock OS, so
I'm hoping to rule out something being turned off in the kernel or
proprietary blobs.