[Gsmmap] IMSI_Catcher_Score wiki page says nothing about c5 (+ lots of events in Paris)

axel simon axel+srlabs at axelsimon.net
Wed Aug 5 12:19:15 CEST 2015

Hi everyone,

First time poster here. I'm axel, I'm from Paris and I take part in
different activist-y things. Not sure my bio is very relevant right now :)

So, here's the thing. I've been running SnoopSnitch for a few months in
Paris, I used to get a few IMSI catcher alerts here and there, but now
(since version 0.9.7?) I'm seeing many more. I'm up to 95 in the last 7
days, 5 in the last 24 hours.

A lot (most I think) of these happen when I'm on the metro, and I'm
thinking (poorly-educated guess here) that it's a misconfiguration of
the handover between overground and underground cells.

In any case, the majority of the IMSI catcher events have a score of 3:
Score: 3.00, c1=1.0, c5=2.0

I've searched the wiki (and this list's archives) for mentions of c5,
but it seems to be the one type of event about which there is no
information.

Can anyone explain what I should expect from a c5 event? and how bad a
score of 2.0 is? :)

Thanks for your help and for this really interesting tool!

Take care,

axel

--
Axel Simon