[Gsmmap] Question regarding Spain report (12/2014) and HLR Querys

Pedro Cabrera pedrocab at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 10:21:38 CET 2015

Hello all,

When I take a look to Spain Dec report, I found that "Mask IMSI" feature is
marked (under HLR/VLR configuration) for the two 2G operators (movistar and
orange), but I've been using HLR Querys services (like txtNation,
NumberPortabilityLookup, etc.) for a long time with movistar and they are
not masking MSC nor IMSI.

Could be this an automation error derived from the report ?

NOTE: I just wonder Why Vodafone operator has only 3G network in the
report, while has a huge 2G network deployed in Spain. Is considered hybrid
2G/3G network in this report ?

Kind Regards,
Pedro