[Gsmmap] Is someone asking about GSM-R security in europe ?

Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras ralph at schmid.xxx
Thu Feb 5 12:29:41 CET 2015

For Germany I was told that they use crypto and auth in the GSM-R system, so I do not see any obvious issues, however I did not yet verify this. The application layer is another thing, this has nothing to do with GSM :)

Their problem is more a somehow strange network design, the requested levels around -95dBm are in my opinion way too low. And guess what, they have issues in areas with many commercial GSM stations from intermodulation and desensing. But again nothing for the scope of this list...

Ralph.