[Gsmmap] Snoopsnitch doesn't work with real IMSI catcher and against Silent SMS

Jakub Kříž krizja at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 10:50:10 CET 2015

Hi list,
I tested snoopsnitch with several real IMSI catchers and several
configurations and unfortunately snoopsnitch didn't signalize any alerts,
although phone was trapped by unit successfully. Location update procedure
was performed in 2G and also in 3G, but without any attack alert.
When I sent silent sms from HushSMS  app so again nothing happened. I know
that the class0 silent sms is most common type of silent sms, but
SnoopSnitch doesn't signalize any attack....

May I ask you how did you test the SnoopSnitch? Or what's the main idea of
snoopsnitch real-time user protection against attacks?

Thank you
Jakub