[Gsmmap] Snoopsnitch doesn't work with real IMSI catcher and against Silent SMS

Linus Neumann linus at srlabs.de
Thu Feb 19 11:42:53 CET 2015

Dear Jakub,

While we theoretically can not rule out the existence of IMSI catcher models or attack patterns that are not yet covered by SnoopSnitch,
any SMS attacks will be detected with very high sensitivity and specificity.

Since you are describing that even SMS attacks remained undetected, I assume that SnoopSnitch was not properly running on your phone.
Either, it was simply not active; or your model is not properly supported.

Please provide your
• Phone model
• Software Version and
• App ID

via personal E-mail (off list!) to me and my colleague Alex Senier <alex at srlabs.de>
In case further debugging is necessary, we would also love to receive the BB logs regarding your detection cases. Alex will be happy to support you in creating them.

Best regards,

Linus