[Gsmmap] snoopsnitch Logging filters

E:V:A xdae3v3a at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 20:53:26 CET 2015

Hello,

The few of us, over at AIMSICD are still working to try to figure the
best way to get diagnostic data from /dev/diag. We've obviously been
following your awesome development with great interest, but have hit
some snags in trying to understand the code your are using to populate
your very complex databases.

To that end, it would be very helpful if someone could better explain
the contents of the filtering mechanism. In particular the meaning and
use of the hex strings in the file:

/SnoopSnitch/src/de/srlabs/snoopsnitch/qdmon/SetupLoggingCmds.java

1) Are they QMI sub-service commands, just filters or something else?
2) What is the relationship of this file to the binary helpers
diag_import.c and diag-helper.c
3) I think we might be able to extend some of this to the XMM BPs, via
OEM_HOOK_RAW as the format is very similar... Any thoughts on this?

Looking forward to some positive feedback.

Best Regards,
E:V:A
(Team AIMSICD)

PS. For those still wondering about our project. AIMSICD will never
provide the same details as SnoopSnitch, and will work on a different
basis for detection criteria, and should thus be thought of as a
minimalistic complement to SS. As such, our project is intended to be
monolithic and as independent from other code and projects, as
possible. Feel free to join our efforts.