[Gsmmap] Snoopsnitch

Linus Neumann linus at srlabs.de
Sat Jan 3 19:37:25 CET 2015

Dear System Admin,

> What I do not understand,  from one software designer to another, is why it is restricted from so many different processors.

I believe you are confusing main processors and baseband processors.
SnoopSnitch depends on a specific type of baseband processor, from which we are reading debug information that is not available from other baseband processors [1].

> virtual drivers should have been set up in the system to make it work.

As baseband firmwares and drivers are proprietary to the baseband manufacturers, this is a very tedious reverse-engineering task.
Please feel free to contribute to the project, should you feel tempted by the challenge ;-)

– Linus

[1] Note: Last year’s GSMmap application relies on a different type of baseband processor (Infineon). Since availability, format and extent of debug information differs across baseband processors, the full SnoopSnitch feature set can not be realized on Infineon chipsets. Most features, however, can generally be implemented (see GSMK Cryptophone for an example). However, they require a completely different analysis code base.