[Gsmmap] How to decode the baseband dump files

Alex Senier alex at srlabs.de
Tue Jan 6 16:22:44 CET 2015

Hi Martin,

> On 06 Jan 2015, at 07:58, Martin Sauter <gsmumts at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> great tool, thanks very much. By the way, Snoopsnitch works great on a low-end Sony Experia M (C1905) with CyanogenMod with a fairly up to date build. So for some reason the QC libs seem to be there.

Good to know! Can you tell us the exact CM version for the records?

> One question: I'd like to take a closer look at the raw data dumps from the baseband. I've enabled the developer options in the settings and enabled plain text storage. I can now see a lot of qdmon_DATE.gz files in the snoopsnitch data directories. Is there a tool to decode them?

That tool would be the GSM parser used on the phone. In the SnoopSnitch code base you can find it under ./contrib/gsm-parser (or in its separate repository: http://opensource.srlabs.de/git/gsm-parser.git). The compile.sh script in the SnoopSnitch repo is also able to build this for Linux:

$ cd contrib
$ ./compile.sh -t host

HTH.

Cheers,