[Gsmmap] Not working with Lollipop 5.1.1 from CM

pinguin74 pinguin74 at gmx.com
Tue Jun 30 21:30:46 CEST 2015

Am 30.06.2015 um 16:42 schrieb Luca Melette:
> Hi pinguin74,
>
>> SN does not work with Lollipop 5.1.1 from Cyanogenmod as it seems. At
>> least on my device.
>
> Since Android 5, Google is not including the support for /dev/diag in
> the default kernel.
> Somebody manage to recompile the kernel including this extra module,
> probably taking it from some available source code.
> Cyanogenmod roms often have this module included.

If support is totally lacking, I guess there is no /dev/diag at all, right?

In my case I think it is just a permission issue. /dev/diag on my system
is 660 radio:qcom_diag

After chmoding /dev/diag to 666 I was able to completely run a SN test.

Thus, I just have to add the SN user to the group qcom_diag to get
access to /dev/diag and issue is solved.

What is the standard owner, group and permission on systems you have
tested successfully? Is qcom_diag a standard group for /dev/diag?

In this case you guys may just change the installation routine to put
SnoopSnitch in group qcom_diag

Thanks