[Gsmmap] Silent SMS recorded. What now?

Quel Con quelcon at outlook.com
Mon Mar 2 15:17:37 CET 2015

Hello everyone,

I am a non-tech person with some user skills and have SnoopSnitch running since a couple of months. While driving a car somewhere on a European highway on Feb 27 in the evening, I received a warning for two silent ("binary") SMS that my cell phone received.

I would be very grateful if you could help me to better understand what is happening here:

- Does SnoopSnitch block those SMS or just monitor them?
- Is there anything I should/can do now?
- What kind of information could someone receive from me by sending me such silent SMS?
- Does that compromise my phone's security?
- Is the info that SnoopSnitch collects (cell ID, SMSC, source no.) valuable/helpful to anyone for analysis?

Thank you very much in advance for any help you can provide!

Regards,
Quel