[Gsmmap] Network Info not updating

Daniel F buildtherobots at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 18:02:32 CET 2015

Firstly a massive thanks for the app, greatest of respect and thanks.

As other people have mentioned, the latest version (certainly the latest
from Play Store) seems to flag up far more IMSI Capture events than it ever
did before -I'm curious if the app has any way of detecting femtocells, as
I believe these might be causing spurious results (though I don't have any
in my control to test with).

The other thing I have noticed is that the "Network Info" screen seems very
reluctant to update.
I checked it whilst in a phone call and even though I've quit the app and
opened it back up, I don't seem to be able to do anything to get this
screen to update -it's now displaying 30minute old data, which is slightly
annoying. Any advice or could I request a refresh button?

I've also noticed under the Cipher field that with the phone forced into
GSM mode it only ever seems to display A5/0 or A5/1 and I've tried it with
multiple operators SIM cards. Could there be a bug detecting/displaying
this, or is it just that UK mobile operators have shockingly bad security
(I would have expected to see A5/3 in use).

Greatest of thanks again and hope you all have a good weekend :)