[Gsmmap] Network Info not updating

Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras ralph at schmid.xxx
Tue Mar 31 14:41:53 CEST 2015

Hi,

> As I don't have access to a femtocell either I couldn't test SnoopSnitch
in such
> a setup. There is indeed some potential for false positives, e.g. when
> femtocells reject "foreign" mobiles or announce unexpected neighbors. If
> anybody has sample data for a femtocell, I'd be happy about an upload.

Unexpected neighbors also do happen often with subway cells. In some cases
the BTS is in a central place, and the RF heads are far away, connected with
optical fiber. In these cases cell IDs and LACs are carried over many
kilometers into places where they usually do not belong, and often not all
neighbors are set correctly, due to restrictions in neighbor list size. I
can imagine that such circumstances could trigger a false positive.

I have such an installation right in my hometown, but as after an update I
can't use snoopsnitch any more, I'm out :( Are there any hints for some
mid-class rootable dual SIM phone that is supported? I have anyway some need
for such a test phone right now, so being able to use it with snoopsnitch
would be a nice add-on.

> Cheers,
> Alex

Ralph.