[Gsmmap] SnoopSnitch version 0.9.6 and f-driod repo?

Boi Sletterink boi at sletterink.nl
Tue May 5 21:55:10 CEST 2015

Hi,

Thanks for the awesome SnoopSnitch app :)

I've currently got version 0.9.5 installed from the Playstore. I noticed
a while ago that F-Droid told me there's a new version: 0.9.6. That
version is not only from another repo, but also signed by a different
key, and I'm not feeling comfortable about installing this new version.
I did see the new version in the git repo, but no mention on this list,
nor the website. I thought I'd wait for updates for a while. A month has
passed and no new version on the Playstore, and no news on the website.
So...

Who maintains the F-Droid-provided package? Is this the new official
version, and will the Playstore version not be updated anymore? If so,
could you please put that information up on the website?

Backdooring an application like this would obviously be a lot of fun for
snoops. (Now where's my tinfoil hat?)

Thanks,
Boi

--
  If you think you're too small to make a difference,
  try sleeping in a closed room with a mosquito.