[Gsmmap] What does the red events mean

pinguin74 pinguin74 at gmx.com
Fri May 8 14:05:55 CEST 2015

>> Do the "red" flag certainly mean that my Phone is tracked and all my
>> calls are being listened to.
>
> Not necessarily. It could also be an IMSI catcher in identification
> mode, i.e. a device that just collects the IMSIs of all phones passing
> by. In that case no interception takes place.

A question at this point. If you put a phone in air plane mode, is there
all connections to the outside world cut? Or does airplane mode still
leave holes open?

I just have in mind that nowadays you can never know if you really can
shut down your phone, makes me wonder, whether this concern applies to
airplane mode as well...

Thanks