[Gsmmap] Question regarding SnoopSnitch and Xgoldmon traces

Emanuel emanuel at srlabs.de
Mon Dec 19 16:06:07 CET 2016

Dear Pedro,

Indeed the Xgoldmon and Snoopsnitch are used on different baseband
hardware. However, the results you see here is not because of that, but
because the way these two programs parse the available radio data. There
is no contradiction between Qualcomm and XGold (Intel/Infineon), the
SecurityModeCommand is always set to UEA1. We just do not monitor the
"RadioBearerReconfiguration" in snoopsnitch, because we suspect that it
could create more battery drain and difficulty for the parser, on
low-end devices. If new tests prove otherwise, we may consider adding
this measure in a future version of Snoopsnitch.

Thank you so much for reporting your concerns and findings.

Best Regards,
Emanuel
(Security Research Labs)