[Gsmmap] Captured radio data stored in the device

Shafiul Alam shafiulalam at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 21:35:11 CET 2016

Hi,

I have run active test and have been running SnoopSnitch at background for
several weeks. I store the captured radio data unencrypted (I use the
option at development settings) as pcap file. So when I open the pcap file
in Wireshark, it should show the actual outgoing and incoming packets
between the mobile device and the network.

I have read the SnoopSnitch FAQ and I believe the snoopSnitch does not
modify any captured air interface data except shortening personal
identities during encryption and upload. Could you please confirm this
issue?

Another observation is when I tried active test with 4G USIM and 4G phone,
the trace recorded as pcap file does not show any data specific to 4G.
Authentication is done with 3G parameters. I use SnoopSnitch 1.0.1. It
should support capturing 4G data. I use LG F70 D-315 mobile phone with NFC.
Your comments will be appreciated.

Take care.

Kind regards,

Shafi

*(Mohammed Shafiul Alam Khan)*
PhD Student, Information Security Group (ISG), Royal Holloway, University
of London (RHUL),
Egham, Surrey TW20 0EX, UK.

AND
Faculty (On Leave), Institute of Information Technology,
University of Dhaka, Dhaka, BANGLADESH