[Gsmmap] does SnnopSnitch help to prevent that the user is traced with CellID by Google

James L james_leaver at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 19 02:41:26 CET 2017

Hi, I don't believe that it will assist with this.

Google have been "reading" CellID's just like any other cell data app can, and posting them via IP to google, probably using the play service itself, also various apps regularly take your GPS location, including whatsapp, for no apparent reason...  This is visible on windows phones where you can view GPS activity as it happens.

One good practice to secure your phone from reporting back anything, which I personally use, is the noroot firewall app on android, effectively blocking all apps you dont use including "system" or "google play services".  It saves your data usage and battery as well.  Also, you can use GPS spoofing apps, but these are known to be flimsy and are nothing to do with cellID's.

Furthermore you can anonymize your phone by not integrating it with a gmail account that belongs to you, or not topping up your SIM card using e-payments that link the phone to you, if you are that inclined, slightly off topic though.

Packet Capture is another brilliant android app that will sniff and decrypt traffic your phone is sending to places, you can see the JSON data yourself.

Happy hacking and merry xmas.

The views expressed in this email are not my own, even though I have wrote this
email, there are no views because, this is the internets, not the edge of a cliff.