[Gsmmap] Active test question

John W. Blue john.blue at rrcic.com
Sat Oct 21 07:54:40 CEST 2017

Hello,

I am a net10 subscriber with an AT&T sim.  To my surprise there are several things that I cannot do because net10 is a reseller of AT&T.

I cannot change the caller ID name tagged to my number.
I cannot lengthen the amount of rings before the call is transferred to voicemail.
I cannot disable voicemail.

Those restrictions prevents me from performing an active test.  Is there any way that an "Active Test - Lite" mode could be created?  I understand that it is to avoid unnecessary costs so perhaps the lite mode doesn't do outbound testing at all.  Or, it only sends an SMS test and doesn't actually perform the outbound call.

Thoughts?

John