[Gsmmap] [SnoopSnitch] Release of version 2.0.5

jonas jonas at srlabs.de
Wed May 2 12:12:01 CEST 2018

Dear *SnoopSnitch users*,

We are happy to announce the release of the opensource code containing
the newest version *2.0.5 **of our** SnoopSnitch Android app*!

Version 2.0.5 is now available on Google Play, on our project website
[0] and will soon be available on F-Droid, as well.

It comes with many bugfixes, some stability improvements (e.g. reduced
battery consumption) and

    the new *Android patch analysis feature*, which came out of 2 years
of Android security research by our team.

*Main changes for users:*

* Users can now evaluate their Android device's patch status, allowing
them to gain insights into missing patches in their firmware. As far as
we know, there is no other Android app with this aim or set of capabilities.
* SnoopSnitch now also runs with a limited feature set on devices that
were previously considered non-compatible. Android patch analysis will
work on such devices.
* A restructured UI/UX to integrates the Android patch analysis feature
+ new patch analysis related notifications.
* German localization is disabled for now
* Sending feedback or error reports from within the app (without
attached network security test/scan related logs) is now enabled

*Main changes for developers:

** Added another git submodule to integrate the patch analysis
functionality from an external repository (always make sure to git clone
with —recursive)

You can find instructions on how to build the current version from the
released sourcecode and a prebuilt Android apk on /our project website/ [0].

If you happen to have questions related to SnoopSnitch, please refer to
our big collection of answers in the /SnoopSnitch FAQ/ [1].

As always, thank you all for the continued feedback, which has helped us
a lot while improving the app.

We are looking forward to receiving even more feedback and answering any
questions you may have (that are not yet covered by the FAQ) via email:

    snoopsnitch at srlabs.de

Have a nice day ;),

    Jonas

[0]: https://opensource.srlabs.de/projects/snoopsnitch