[Gsmmap] Snopsnitch and Wireshark on 4G

Tomcsányi, Domonkos domi at tomcsanyi.net
Tue May 1 04:25:02 CEST 2018

Hi all,

Last time I've checked the pcap dump from Snoopsnitch while on LTE it was not parsed correctly by Wireshark. I remember seeing that you used the unofficial (?) gsmtap LTE types (0x0d and 0x0e). I've tried Altaf's patch to make Wireshark understand the dump I took: https://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/201501/msg00137.html but without much luck. So I wondered: has there been any improvement on this? Or am I missing something completely? I mean the pcap dump feature without Wireshark understanding the messages is not that great in my opinion. It worked fine for 3G and 2G dumps though.
If you can confirm it is still in the same state, and it is known not to work right now I'd be open to dig into it and submit patches possibly.

Thanks!
Domi