[Simsec] Do these two SIMs have MSL=0 for some TARs?

Lukas Kuzmiak lukas at srlabs.de
Sat Jan 4 17:50:15 CET 2014

Hi Ondrej,

the AppDeSelect bug is fixed in SIMTester v1.5 [1], thanks to your report, this should not be a problem anymore - it has most probably been caused by the SIM card not supporting the command, so if the command fails once it’s being skipped in order to continue with the scan. Not being able to process messages from fuzzer16 is also a sign of card not really following the standard.

The Vinaphone card returns SW 9000 on INSTALL [for load] APDU, usually the response should be 6101 to be able to continue with the loading of the applet to the card, it’s not possible to tell whether the card would allow it or not based on 9000 response, however feel free to try this yourself, more info can be found in TS 102226 and/or TS 102221. Basically you have to issue a INSTALL [for LOAD] APDU, if card accepts that, go ahead with LOAD APDU(s) to transfer actual applet data and then issue INSTALL [for INSTALL] command to create an instance of the package you’ve downloaded.

For Vodafone CZ card most of the applet TARs seem proprietary and it is not known what the applets are for. Unfortunately it is not possible to scan available APDU(s) on the TARs as none of the TARs provide additional response data and therefore it is impossible to differentiate between successful and unsuccessful APDU/command.

Thanks for your bug submission and feel free to post a follow-up if you decide to research the MSL 0x00 potential.

Cheers!

[1] - https://opensource.srlabs.de/projects/simtester

--
Lukas Kuzmiak