[Simsec] UICC related questions

גל ברק gal.barak4 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 12:38:55 CEST 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm a student from Israel, and I'm doing a research about the UICC
security. I have some questions that I don't have any answer to them. I
would be very grateful if you could answer to some of them.

I have some troubles with the PoR response code. I know what 0x01, 0x02,
0x03, 0x05, 0x07, 0x08, 0x09 and 0x0A mean.

1) 0x06 -* Unidentified security error. This code is for the case where the
Receiving Entity cannot correctly interpret the Command Header and the
Response Packet is sent unciphered with no RC/CC/DS*. Does it mean that the
security processing of the command packet crashed (like a program crash
after an overflow)? If so, is it possible to get more info about the crash?

2) 0x04 - *CNTR Blocked. *What does it mean that the CNTR blocked? What are
the effects of it?

3) Is it possible to get the source code of the functions that process the
OTA SMS (according to the OpenPlatform specifications unwrap, wrap,
decryptData and etc)?

Thanks in advance!

Bests,
Gal